Regarded as one of the most critically acclaimed actors, Tom Hanks now has a net worth of $394 million. He is a dedicated actor and till now has acted in a number of Hollywood Films. At an average of around $ 117 million per movie his films have crossed $4 billion in total box office collections. For his role in Angels & Demons the superstar reportedly collected the biggest pay check ever. Even from the movie “” Larry Crowne ” , Hanks could make lump sump amount that added to his fortune. In 2014 the 58 years old actor was also a recipient of The Kennedy Center Honors.
Tom Hanks Net Worth 2016 : $ 394 million
Born on July 9 1956, Tom hanks is not only a veteran actor but also a successful filmmaker. He lives in Los Angeles, California with his family. Starting his career in 1978, he has appeared in a number of super hit movies. Some of which are given below :
- Saving Mr Banks (2013)
- Captain Phillips (2013)
- Cast Away (2000)
- Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- You’ve Got Mile (1999)
- Forrest Gump (1994) – One of Jack Ma’s Favorite movie.
- Splash (1984)
After establishing himself as a reputed actor, he made his directing debut with the movie That Thing You Do ! Later Hanks along with Gary Goetzman (producer) started a production company which they named Playtone.
He also worked with Steven Spielberg (one of the best known director) in projects like Saving Private Ryan. The film not only won a million hearts but was also labelled as one of finest War Movies. With it Spielberg bagged his second Academy Award for direction and even Tom Hanks’ name was nominated for Best Actor.
From 1978 to 1987 he was married to actress Samantha Lewes, whom he had met in college. With his first marriage he has two children , a son and a daughter.
Later he married Rita Wilson (a co-star in the movie Volunteers). The ceremony took place in 1988. Together the couple has two children.
Wanna know who is the richest actor so far. Well then check out Merv Griffin’s Net Worth.
Some Fun facts that you may have missed :
- In his teens he sold peanuts and popcorn to earn some extra cash.
- For the Film “A League of Their Own”, he gained 30 pounds. He also lost 50 pounds for another movie, “Cast Away”.
- In his early days, Tom wanted to be an Astronaut. He wanted to work in NASA.
- In 2002 with American Film Institute’s Lifetime Achievement Award, Tom Hanks became the youngest star to receive it.
- Tom hanks is a relative of Nancy Hanks, who was the mother of Abraham Lincoln.
- For the Movie “The Polar Express”, he was once nominated in the Worst Actor category.
- For National Space Society, he servers as one of the Board of Governess.
- The actor loves to collect Typewriters, its one of his hobbies.
- In Toy Story he voiced Woody, the lead character.
- From BAFTA (Bristish Academy of Film and Television), he was awarded Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award in the year 2004.